Spirit of 1901 #2: Autumn 2016
In 2016 we partnered with Indian Motorcycle to produce a magazine that dealt exclusively with America’s oldest surviving motorcycle brand: all Indian, all the time.
Smaller than A4 – a happy compromise between ungainly and too small – it was delivered to new Indian motorcycle owners and was available to buy online, but ultimately fell foul of an interpretation of enhanced GDPR regulations – the ones that mean everyone who is going to measure and monitor your browsing habits needs to inform you of the fact and seek your permission – and only ran to seven editions.
In this second edition, we embrace Indian’s golden age with a wistful look at the last of the Springfield Chiefs and get excited by what RSD managed to do with the liquid-cooled Scout motor in a classic racer style … and much more.
In this issue ...
- A2 Licence-friendly Scout
- Build Your Legend – presage to UK competition at this year’s Motorcycle Live!
- Indian Motorcycle’s autumnal clothing selection and Christmas gift ideas.
- Redeemer – Hollister Powersports’ take on a Chieftain Dark Horse
- Jim Cuddihy’s ’53 Roadmaster – the last of the Springfield flatheads
- RSD Scout – cover story
- Under the Skirts: Recreating the Chief 2: framing Indian’s new big twin
- The Van Buren sisters’ off-road (there were no roads) coast to coast epic
- The Long Ride Home – Australian Roadtrip